Are you looking for work life balance? Are you interested in being part of team that is ethical and honest? Are you tired of being micromanaged and want to be part of a team that allows you to have autonomy and tries to make positive changes in the lives of kids and adults? Are you interested in teaching parents how to implement different behaviour strategies so that their child continues to progress outside of therapy sessions? You found us! Horizons Behaviour Consulting was founded by a BCBA with the goal to provide quality and ethical services in the best environment possible. We value our staff and strive to provide the best working environment by supporting a culture of TRANSPARENCY, INCLUSION. TEAMWORK, AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH.
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor who is a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA), the Senior Therapist will perform tasks and implement goals and objectives as indicated by each behaviour program. This may include providing direct services and/or supervising Instructor Therapists while they implement behaviour intervention in-home or in the community with clients diagnosed with autism or other developmental disabilities.
We are looking for educated, experienced clinical professionals who bring extraordinary compassion and commitment to their work. Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Professional certification as a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or pursuing certification (REQUIRED)
- Master’s degree or enrolled in, preferably in Special Education, Applied Disability Studies, Applied Behavior Analysis, or Psychology (required)
- 3-5 years of strong experiential background in ABA/Early Intervention services.
- Experience in parent training, data collection, and goal development (REQUIRED).
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience conducting various descriptive and systematic behavioral assessments (e.g., functional analyses) and skill-based assessments (e.g., PEAK, VB-MAPP, AFLS, etc.) (REQUIRED)
- Experience providing clinical supervision to Instructor therapists
- Experience creating graphs in Excel
- Previous experience working with the special needs’ population
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license and must have reliable transportation to travel to client homes
- Fluently bilingual in English and French (highly preferred)
- Valid First Aid/CPR Level C (required)
- Clean Vulnerable Sector Police Check (required)
What we offer
- An hourly wage based upon demonstrated skills, education, experience, and abilities – starting between $29-35/hr
- 20 to 30 hours per week, with the possibility of additional hours
- Skills-based promotion opportunities for pay increases within your first few months
- Business hours of Monday through Friday. Saturday hours possible but not required
- The opportunity to help children and adults learn gain new skills in their natural environment
- Ability to work some hours from home
- A Clinical Supervisor who is eager to help their team and clients excel
Please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com